Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJS[_2_] RJS[_2_] is offline

Default Car dash-mounted SatNav knowledge sort - or at least knowledge of howto clean the controls.

Our office X-Trail has a dash mounted SatNav that is operated via a
small joystick. Left, right, up and down deflection of the joystick
moves a cursor in those directions. Selection of a letter or function
is done by pressing the joystick in - like a push button. All works
well except the vital push button which is becoming increasingly
erratic. I presume that there is some inadequate non-wiping switch on
the back of the push button - maybe an awful 'conductive rubber pad
across PCB pads' effort.

Short of stripping the dash - something that I'm unlikely to be
allowed to do nor will I will able to do illegally as the car resides
at the office - can anyone suggest a solution? Please!!!!

TIA

Richard