Posted to sci.electronics.repair
isw isw is offline

Default Supergluing your fingers together

In article ,
AZ Nomad wrote:

On Thu, 2 Sep 2010 11:20:39 -0700, Dave Platt wrote:
Surprising I've never done it before . Thumb and second finger firmly glued
to either side of a connecctor. I tried methylated spirits first but no
effect seemingly. Then dilute acetone as nail varnish remover. I was
concerned about being too long on the skin so some cotton wool balls of
acetone around both areas and a Q-tip soaked in acetone, with a rotating
wedge-like motion, cautiously wedging skin from connector worked, but anyone
elses experiences/advice for the next time?

Keeping a bottle of superglue debonder around is a cheap investment.
If you go to a hobby store which carries a selection of cyanoacrylate
glues (usually of different viscosities and bonding speeds) you ought
to find a supply of debonder in the same rack.

Has anybody ever found an application where superglue works well
except on human skin? I find the crap brittle as hell and have yet to
see anything glued with it last more than a few weeks before breaking.

I dropped my "Arkansas white" stone while putting the finishing touches
on a kitchen knife. The break was right across the middle of the 7" long
stone. I put a bit of superglue on the broken surface and pressed the
parts back together. The pieces went together so well that you can't
see, much less feel, the break. And the stone is still going strong
after more than fifteen years.

Isaac