parish

Default New Houses - any good?

Terry wrote:

It and some other programmes such as redecorating one room in
your neighbours house in 24 hours for $1000 or less, called IIRC,
"Changing places".

ITYM "Trading Spaces" which is based on the BBC's "Changing Rooms".

Another, where one partner has the other lured
away for a few days and redecorates and alters his/her favourite
room/s; called (again IIRC) "While you were out", or something
equally banal! I suspect that like many 'good' ideas these

Not sure about that one, but I caught the end of a programme the other
month (don't know whether it was a series or a one-off) where the
parents went away and the *kids* redesigned (with expert help of course)
a room in the house. The one I saw was hilarious; the kids had changed
their *parents* bedroom into a Japanese-style Capsule Hotel, complete
with a capsule each! Obviously didn;t want anymore brothers or sisters :-)

P.S. The footnote while the credits were rolling showed that the
capsules had been moved into the kids' rooms.

programmes were originally invented on the UK side of the pond
under other names?
Now where's that can of high gloss white enamel for the kitchen?
:-)
Have fun.