Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

Default Bad tires---front or back

On Sep 2, 6:20*pm, "
wrote:
On Thu, 2 Sep 2010 19:55:44 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

"Herb Eneva" wrote in message
Where should you put your worst tires? I say put them on the front. If
you have a tire problem you can control a skid best if the problem is
with the tire on the front. If the problem is on the rear the skid will
be a lot harder to control. * * * * * * What do ya`ll think?

Bad tires go to the recycling place.

Best tires go on the back,
Good or better tires on the front.

I see many answer to put the good tires on the front. *That was the common
method for many years, but now it is proved that the better tires should go
on the rear. *I cannot recall where I saw it, but a web site has a video
showing why and it does make sense.

That's what I would think, too. *The back end had better stay back there.
OTOH, a blowout in the front can ruin your day, too. *Modern tires don't tend
to self-destruct that way, though.

==
A blow-out at 110 MPH can still be quite jolting when it
happens...especially so with a front tire. I have had them run right
off the rim...not for the faint of heart while driving in the
mountains.
==