Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Bad tires---front or back

On Sep 2, 7:39*pm, Red wrote:
On Sep 2, 6:03*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Sep 2, 4:14*pm, (Herb Eneva) wrote:

Where should you put your worst tires? I say put them on the front. If
you have a tire problem you can control a skid best if the problem is
with the tire on the front. If the problem is on the rear the skid will
be a lot harder to control. * * * * * * What do ya`ll think?

Watch this video...some people might be surprised.

http://www.dunntire.com/Learning_Cen...ideo_new_tires

or read this:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete....jsp?techid=52

or this:

http://www.goodyeartires.com/faqs/Care.html#s9

Answer: New tires go on the rear of the vehicle - FWD, RWD, 4WD or AWD

Note that all the recommendations mentioned are based on hydroplaning
on wet roads. *Blowouts and flats at highway speed are a entirely
different case. So the decision should be based on your expected
conditions. *Would drivers in the SW really be concerned with
hydroplaning more than tire heat?

Yes I noticed that, but there are also many other sites that say the
same thing about rear placement of the best tires and don't mention
hydroplaning. Braking traction and skidding, even in good conditions,
are stated as the reasons.

See my response to HeyBub about weight transfer. I ain't making this
up, I'm just keeping up with the times.