Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default Do It Yourself -- Not

On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 00:06:48 -0500, The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 9/1/2010 4:33 PM, harry wrote:
i have built cars up from scratch. But these thingd you have nowadays,
I wouldn't have a clue apart from the very obvious.

The kids building hot rods and street racers today are tech savvy and
are doing some incredible things with their rides.

Always been curious about that - I'd had the impression that most of them
bought parts from catalogs that were designed for their vehicle (i.e.
while there's certainly fitting work involved, they're not really
innovating but just doing whatever they can within their budgets). That's
possibly an incorrect view! :-)

cheers

Jules