Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Supergluing your fingers together

On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 18:37:13 -0500, AZ Nomad
wrote:

Has anybody ever found an application where superglue works well
except on human skin? I find the crap brittle as hell and have yet to
see anything glued with it last more than a few weeks before breaking.

I have to agree on the brittleness problem. It's so handy, that I
tend use it on items where urethane, RTV, or epoxy would be more
appropriate.

Where I've used SuperGlue successfully a
1. Custom rubber o-rings
2. Glass and ceramic repairs. I think my coffee cup has had the
handle superglued in 3 different places.
3. Hard plastic parts where the break is clean and has not been
stretched or bent. If the plastic is soft and/or bends, CA will not
work.
4. Tacking large parallel surfaces together.
5. Tacking SMD components to a PCB before soldering. A toothpick
works well as an applicator.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D