Posted to sci.electronics.repair
AZ Nomad[_2_] AZ Nomad[_2_] is offline

Default Supergluing your fingers together

On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 19:46:37 -0400, Phil Hobbs wrote:
AZ Nomad wrote:
On Thu, 2 Sep 2010 11:20:39 -0700, Dave Platt wrote:
Surprising I've never done it before . Thumb and second finger firmly glued
to either side of a connecctor. I tried methylated spirits first but no
effect seemingly. Then dilute acetone as nail varnish remover. I was
concerned about being too long on the skin so some cotton wool balls of
acetone around both areas and a Q-tip soaked in acetone, with a rotating
wedge-like motion, cautiously wedging skin from connector worked, but anyone
elses experiences/advice for the next time?

Keeping a bottle of superglue debonder around is a cheap investment.
If you go to a hobby store which carries a selection of cyanoacrylate
glues (usually of different viscosities and bonding speeds) you ought
to find a supply of debonder in the same rack.

Has anybody ever found an application where superglue works well
except on human skin? I find the crap brittle as hell and have yet to
see anything glued with it last more than a few weeks before breaking.

I use it on optical things often, because it's easily removed, like Duco
cement except stronger and faster-setting. As long as you use just a
little, it doesn't cause too much nasty frosting nearby.

I suppose if you didn't want something permenant, it might work well.