Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Meat Plow[_5_] Meat Plow[_5_] is offline

Default Supergluing your fingers together

On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 14:17:55 -0700, Dave Platt wrote:

In article , Meat
Plow wrote:

Medical skin glue is based on a slightly different cyanoacrylate
(butyl rather than methyl, IIRC) and is easier on the skin cells. It's
not widely available, though, except as a medical or vetrinary
adhesive in expensive single-use ampoules).

Hmm I'll have to remember that. Didn't seem to prove very toxic to my
cut. Skin had mended around 10 days after.

I've used it in that way, as well, with no apparent adverse reactions. I
suppose different people may have different levels of sensitivity to the
stuff.

Absolutely. My mom is very allergic to aspirin. I'm not. I think as you
said the same holds true for these type of chemicals. However in larger
amounts other than a tiny droplet or two I spread along the 2.5cm cut all
bets may be off. If you are a surgeon and are using it internally you
would want the least possibilities of toxicity. If I were out in the
field and gashed my hand wide open many miles from help I'd opt-in the
CA