Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus28169 Ignoramus28169 is offline

Default What filter/regulator for Bridgeport CNC mill

Just trying to finish the cleanup/repairs/EMC conversion.

The mill uses air for the following:

1) Brake Air Line A
2) Pneumatic speed changing motor Air Line A
3) Knee support to ease raising the knee Air Line B
4) Mist coolant unit Air Line C

What I want to do is, mount nicely a filter/regulator and an air
manifold next to it, and connect all three lines (A,B,C) to the
manifold in a workmanlike manner.

The manual specifies incoming air pressure to be 80 PSI, but is silent
about CFM requirements (and the mister was not even a part of the
package).

I have a small, cute little I-R filter/regulator/lubricator unit (very
small in size), but it is only good to 18 CFM. See first column in the
table on the first page of

http://igor.chudov.com/manuals/Inger...ubricators.pdf

My question is, would that be sufficient to run the mill in real life
or not. I would hate to buy a new regulator, if it can be avoided.

Thanks