John Crea

Default Outfeed table for saw?

Build it - will be a LOT less expensive than buying one

Would suggest it be as wide as the table top, and at least 4ft
long. Route out recesses for the miter bar slots

You can find adjustable legs in most of the woodworking catalogs

You could even formica the top to get you a tough, wear resist and
smooth surface for the wood to slide over

Nexttime I will built my outfeed to be the full length of the table
and rails, and have it extend 4ft from the table. Only reason I have
the Delta outfeed table is that it came as part of the package deal
with the saw. Having looked it over before I installed it, I would
built one myself next time

John

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 12:33:17 -0600, "Guy LaRochelle"
wrote:

What is the best way and what size is best for an outfeed table on a table
saw? I have a Unisaw. I just don't know if I should build a seperate table
(what size?) or if I should build an outfeed attached to the table saw. What
is everyone doing for this? Room is not really a problem for me since I am
working in a 40' X 40' size building but its no use having it too big for
nothing..........right? Regards. -Guy