Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Supergluing your fingers together

In article ,
"N_Cook" wrote:

Surprising I've never done it before . Thumb and second finger firmly glued
to either side of a connecctor. I tried methylated spirits first but no
effect seemingly. Then dilute acetone as nail varnish remover. I was
concerned about being too long on the skin so some cotton wool balls of
acetone around both areas and a Q-tip soaked in acetone, with a rotating
wedge-like motion, cautiously wedging skin from connector worked, but anyone
elses experiences/advice for the next time? Anyone ever glued one hand to
the other ?

They do make a specific solvent for CA; we keep a bottle on hand at the
shop. I have no idea what's in it, but it works very well on skin and
other things, too. We do a couple of assembly jobs involving CA and by
the time you've worked with it for a few hours at a time, you're pretty
much guaranteed to have the stuff all over at least 9 of your fingers.
The solvent cleans it right up.

Physiologically it's pretty innocuous stuff. Besides gluing cuts
together well, I've heard of people mistaking it for a bottle of eye
drops, and it hasn't done any real damage. Inconvenient to have your eye
glued shut for a while though.