Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do It Yourself -- Not

On 9/1/2010 4:31 PM, harry wrote:
On Sep 1, 1:19 pm, The Daring
wrote:
On 9/1/2010 12:42 AM, harry wrote:

On Sep 1, 5:58 am, The Daring
wrote:
On 8/31/2010 9:56 AM, Jules Richardson wrote:

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 04:58:07 -0700, harry wrote:
But you waste most of your energy through primitive technology.

I see you're still full of **** today, harry.- Hide quoted text -

Heh Heh. Tell about some front line American technolgy then.

To be honest I'd rather it be simple so that I can maintain it myself,
make new parts for it if I have to etc. - and keep it running pretty much
forever, rather than "forcing" some factory to provide me with some new
plastic-fantastic piece of junk.

cheers

Jules

Like an automobile? Computerizing automobiles has been both a bane and
a blessing. If the computer completely dies, you're dead in the water
but a partial failure can put the engine into "limp home" mode and still
get you there. My older cars could be kept running with bailing
wire and duct tape and would be the transportation to have if the
country were to collapse and fancy new parts were unavailable. Think
"Road Warrior". 8-)

TDD- Hide quoted text -

But if you had them now could you afford to put petrol in them?

You can run them on wood gas or alcohol. Hillbillies and country
boys can survive and adapt. Never discount the ingenuity of the
Redneck. 8-)

TDD- Hide quoted text -

Yes you can, But not by hillbillys. They're hillbillys for a reason.
It was done here in WW2

Yep, the Hillbillies were too busy making moonshine.

TDD