Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob Villa Bob Villa is offline

Default Electronic Kenmore refrigerator not working, what does this sign mean

On Aug 31, 10:43*pm, Ignoramus20906 ignoramus20...@NOSPAM.
On 2010-09-01, Archon wrote:

On 8/31/2010 10:47 PM, Ignoramus20906 wrote:

Sounds like the start relay is fubar, and some current limit does not
trip a clicks-on switch. *And start relay is now a misnomer as these
have been replaced with thermistors.

Yes, there is a thermistor puck inside the relay assembly.

I had the same problem recently, its the overload relay, actually
thermistors as previously noted.

This thread is for a different model but will help

http://www.applianceblog.com/mainfor...42-kenmore-sxs...

Your part would seem to be:-

http://www.partselect.com/PartDetail...7740&imgID=3&P...

replacement fixed mine , still running 12 months later.

JC

Archon,

I hope fervently that you are right. I bought those parts:

* *http://www.appliancepartspros.com/pa...d=4013414*Part Number: AP4074064 *
* *http://www.appliancepartspros.com/pa...d=4074064*Part Number: AP4013414 *

Shipped from CA to IL, I will probably get them on Monday. I am very
anxious.

I didn't see any response to Bill's suggestion about the freezer not
defrosting (I have had this happen-timer can also fail while
defrosting, heat the freezer, defrost everything and melt plastic!)