Bill Hinshaw

Default Resawing on a Ridgid 14" Band Saw

I certainly second the kudos from tt for the 1/2" Woodslicer from
Highlands Hardware. I was having more than grief with any other blade I
tried for resawing 6" maple, but with this blade cranked up tight, I barely
need a fence at all. A simple pivot point is more than enough. Don't pass
up a trial of this one.

Bill

"Test Tickle" wrote in message
On 9 Jan 2004 21:38:17 -0800, (Dusty
Workshop) wrote:

I have just purchased a Rigid 14" band saw. I intend to use the saw
for resawing 6" stock, btoh from precut lumber and from timbers. I
plan to use tha saw as is, with no after factory upgrades. I was
wondering if someone who has used this saw could recommend the best
resawing jig. I have found plans for a small one such as this:

Dusty Workshop

I have the same saw with a riser block. The blade is the most
important thing, and the Highland Hardware 1/2" Woodslicer is the best
that you can get for this machine. I find the point fence is best if
I'm simply cutting thick stock in half, but if I'm making many peices
of veneer thickness, a longer and tall fence works better. Neither one
has to be fancy.

tt