Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Artemide Tolomeo

In article ,
Tony wrote:

On 8/31/2010 1:27 AM, Smitty Two wrote:
In ,
wrote:

nothing of any import

Um, Tony, you responded to two spammers today. Many of us don't see
spam, because we filter it out. That is, we don't see it unless someone
we do see insists on making some comment about it. And, spammers don't
come back to read replies to their postings. So find something else to
do.

Um, Smitty, now you responded to the thread.... I did at least remove
their link. I'd like to know what kind of filter you used, is this a
known spammer?

I kill anything from google groups by default (so do many others on
usenet) as 99.9% of the spam originates there. I realize there are
legitimate a.h.r. participants who use google groups; I have many of
them whitelisted.

To kill google groups, you should have a newsreader that it capable of
filtering on "Message ID."