Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus20906 Ignoramus20906 is offline

Default Electronic Kenmore refrigerator not working, what does thissign mean

On 2010-09-01, Archon wrote:
On 8/31/2010 10:47 PM, Ignoramus20906 wrote:

Sounds like the start relay is fubar, and some current limit does not
trip a clicks-on switch. And start relay is now a misnomer as these
have been replaced with thermistors.

Yes, there is a thermistor puck inside the relay assembly.

I had the same problem recently, its the overload relay, actually
thermistors as previously noted.

This thread is for a different model but will help

http://www.applianceblog.com/mainfor...ompressor.html

Your part would seem to be:-

http://www.partselect.com/PartDetail...S ourceCode=7

replacement fixed mine , still running 12 months later.

JC

Archon,

I hope fervently that you are right. I bought those parts:

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/pa...art_id=4013414 Part Number: AP4074064
http://www.appliancepartspros.com/pa...art_id=4074064 Part Number: AP4013414

Shipped from CA to IL, I will probably get them on Monday. I am very
anxious.