Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Peter DiVergilio Peter DiVergilio is offline

Default Anyone up for making a B-17 restoration part?

"Phred" wrote in message
On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 19:02:38 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
scribed:

Phred wrote:

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/B-17_Part.pdf

Thanks Bob... Not too familiar with how the "box" works... Plus I've
been getting the IMTS show exhibit together for the last week. Just
shipped today... Thank the God's!

I reckon this part would be for the steering column? Were not the
B-17's still controlled with wire steering? Ailerons? I dinna know
that much, but I do have a B-17 flight manual somewhere... I'll try to
look it up.

Thanks again,

Fred V. Fowler III

My Field Service manual references Rudder and Elevator Tabs controlled
through drums at the Engine Control Stand