Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Energy Saving Tips

... wrote:
24.Walk, walk, walk
Walk to the supermarket, walk to the school, walk and save energy.
25.Drive slower to reduce emissions
Aggressive driving consumes more fuel.

Time is money.

28.Go Hybrid
Hybrid cars produce less greenhouse gases. Check out the local funds
and buy one
at a better price
OR
29.Buy an electric car

Money is money. It is unlikely you will EVER recover the differential cost
of a hybrid or an electric car. Minimizing greenhouse gases is a fool's
errand.

30.Use public means of transport

Never. It merely encourages our betters to do more of it. In my town,
comparing tax load for mass transit, average rider trip, and number of
riders, it would be cheaper to send every bus or light rail rider to their
destination by taxi cab!

38.Go Local
Avoid transportation to far away distances if you can do the same
thing nearby.
Choose a local supermarket, buy from the bakery of the neighborhood.
Also prefer local products to reduce the CO2 emissions cause to their
transportation.

Worrying about CO2 emissions is a fool's errand. You cannot convince the
ordinary housewife that driving to the next county to save twenty-cents on a
bunch of bananas is a bad idea.

46. Unplug clocks when not in use.