Posted to alt.home.repair
JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] is offline

Default multi tool, Harbor Freight and swearing

"Ron" wrote in message
On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 12:19:09 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Ron" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 12:05:07 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Ron" wrote in message
m...
On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 11:24:11 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
newsYadnZXSPr_hVubRnZ2dnUVZ_j6dnZ2d@earthl ink.com...
George wrote:
On 8/30/2010 9:20 AM, Jeff Thies wrote:
Ran out to HF (not close) to get an electric multi tool. They
had
three models and I got the "top" model as I think this may get a
lot
of use.

It does nothing. I'm not thinking well of Chicago Tools at the
moment. Recommendations, exchange or buy another brand?

Jeff

If it is going to get a lot of use why not buy a good one? harbor
freight power tools are pretty much low end tools that might be a
good
fit for an occasional user.

Because a "good" one costs from three (Dremel) to 15 (Fein) times as
much.

Harbor Freight: $70
Dremel: $100

3 x 70 = 100? New math?

Harbor Freight has one that is almost always on sale for $34. It's
built like a tank.

Let's limit the discussion only to the actual model Jeff showed us - the
one
he actually bought.

http://www.harborfreight.com/power-t...ool-67537.html

Most are not as limited in their thinking as you are.

So, in a discussion of Product X, you want to discuss Product Y, which the
OP does not own. Thanks for explaining that.

He didn't buy a dremel or a fein, either, Kanter.

Try and follow the discussion. You've run off the tracks.