Posted to alt.home.repair
cjt cjt is offline

Default OT Religion

On 8/29/2010 8:11 PM, Steve B wrote:
wrote in message
On 8/28/2010 10:12 PM, Mysterious Traveler wrote:
On 08/27/2010 10:15 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"Mysterious wrote
I'm not saying you have to believe in God, Just believe in the good
that Christianity does. It helps a lot of people who would otherwise
suffer when thoughtless people refuse to offer a little help. When
with a little help their lives could improve and as a result,
everyones lives could be better.
Support the people who are out there trying to make the world a
better place for everyone.

That would be a little easier to take if it was not for the reality. In
the news recently a couple of priests and ministers are arrested for
embezzling and/or misuse of church money. I'm talking in the millions.
They you have the priests with the little boys. Not to say most priests
are like that, a couple have run off with the girlfriends and married.
In particular the one that got a young girl he was counseling pregnant.

I just have run into too many hypocrites to get all warm and fuzzy about
Christians being better people than others. .
Considering there are more people getting drunk, drugging, stealing,
and every other crime that never set foot in a church, I'll stay
with church.

I doubt the percentage of people exhibiting those traits is any better
among churchgoers. Offer some proof, or I will assume you are arguing
from false (or certainly, at least, unproven) premises.

Faith is believing in things you can't see. No proof is required.

Steve

That's a copout. You could have faith that there is NO god.