Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anyone up for making a B-17 restoration part?

Colonels are cool. We all know a one star has issues :-)

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
"Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer
TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
NRA Second Amendment Task Force Originator & Charter Founder
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com/

On 8/29/2010 4:05 PM, Pete Keillor wrote:
On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 16:18:10 -0400, Brian Lawson
wrote:

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 10:13:42 -0400,
wrote:

Hey all:

Just got the orginal 74 year old prints' for a drum and cable device
used on the B-17 bomber. The restoration guys want to see if anyone is
interested in making this part... I thought I'd ask here 1st, instead
of going to a big shop. I can upload the prints to the drop box if
anyone is interested... No Money, but you get a piece of history on
your calling card, plus I might throw in a few precision tools...

I dinna know the name of the pretty lady yet...

Best,

Fred V. Fowler III

Hey Fred,

Yeah, please do post it to the drop-box so we can all have a peek.

Without even a clue as to size and materials, it just might make a
good "club project" for us. One of our MDMC members is active with
the CAF at Willow Run, so I bet he's interested. (I always want to
call it the Confederate Air Force, but I know that's not it!!)

Or send me a copy "direct"

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
Member Metro Detroit Metalworking Club.

ps....nice to "hear" from, you here once in a while. Been some time
though.

Before it became the "Commemorative Air Force" it was the Confederate
Air Force. I remember one of Dad's fellow ag pilots keeping a B-25 in
Angleton, Texas for a while (late '60's). As I recall, originally all
members were colonels.

Pete Keillor