Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anyone up for making a B-17 restoration part?

I want to say they moved the B-17 from the entrance of the old
"Greater Southwest International Airport" - DFW took over in a political
squabble. They (who?) moved it to the entrance of the Air Base in Ft. Worth.

Sadly, it was put there in flying order and then over the years got stripped
of parts by persons unknown. They trucked it by semi. Several of them.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
"Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer
TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
NRA Second Amendment Task Force Originator & Charter Founder
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com/

On 8/29/2010 12:16 PM, John R. Carroll wrote:
Phred wrote:
Hey all:

Just got the orginal 74 year old prints' for a drum and cable device
used on the B-17 bomber. The restoration guys want to see if anyone is
interested in making this part... I thought I'd ask here 1st, instead
of going to a big shop. I can upload the prints to the drop box if
anyone is interested... No Money, but you get a piece of history on
your calling card, plus I might throw in a few precision tools...

I dinna know the name of the pretty lady yet...

Best,

Fred V. Fowler III

I might be interested.
Bunch of guys I know, including a customer who is also a good friend, run
the museum in Torrance.
They have a restored B-17 there IIRC.