Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sy Sy is offline

Default Automotive battery charger circuit breaker.

On 2010-08-28 10:58, Jamie wrote:
Sy wrote:

Hi.
Does anyone know where to find a replacement circuit breaker for a 6A
automotive battery charger?

The charger is from the '70's, a simple basic transformer and 2 diodes . The
circuit breaker is the type that automatically resets. The old one was a
little glass tube, but I've seen the type that are square with threaded
terminals too. Either one would work.

Thanks.

You need a BI metal circuit breaker..

Just go to your local auto parts store and get a
plug breaker used for power windows etc in the upper cars..

Thanks, I tried those plug-in breakers. They all seem to be type II, such that
the power has to be removed for the device to reset. I also tried the little PTC
devices, similarly they won't reset with the load still there.

Littlefuse 812006 seems to be what I need, now all I have to do is find a source
nearby.

Thanks.