Posted to uk.d-i-y
JTM JTM is offline

Default car bulbs in France

In article
. com,
Mike Lane wrote:
As for bulbs the problem is if you do get stopped by
the French police and don't have a replacement bulb
the hassle involved is really not worth the cost of
having a full set of spares.

The French policeman who stops me would, I suppose, have
to check all the spare bulbs I am carrying to make sure
that I had a correct replacement for each of the dozen
or so external lights on the car. (I presume it doesn't
apply to the internal lights as well?) It all seems
rather unlikely somehow. I think if he were so
determined he could find some other technicality to
charge me with.

My original post was not quite right. The actual requirement
(as in UK) is that all lights etc. are working correctly.
But while english bobby might give #advice# the gendarme
(certainly in the past) is likely to issue an on-the spot
fine

--
John Mulrooney

It's that deja vu feeling all over again