Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Clarke Mike Clarke is offline

Default car bulbs in France

Robin wrote:

Right click on the link & select "Copy Shortcut" (with Internet
Explorer) or "Copy Link Location" (with Firefox) then paste it into
your message. Other browsers will have slightly different wording in
the menu.

Yes thanks but - at the risk of drifting a very long way off topic -
that doesn't work too well when dealing with a Google search result.

I remembered reading the AA summary but had not kept a link so searched
and obtained the results

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&cr=co...fc732fb9f831ca
I recognised the one I wanted as the 3rd on the list (excluding the
paid-for results). *But if I had just copied the link I'd have posted

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sou...skWMzGUJLjkmRQ
and I dislike giving such long and roundabout links. *So I copied the
text at the bottom of the search result - overlooking it had been
shortened with the *"..."

That's odd, I've just pulled up that page and copied the link (with both IE8
and Firefox 3.5 both of them gave me
http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice..._equipment.pdf
instead of that long URL.

When faced with needing to post long URLs I find www.tinyurl.com very useful