Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Religion

"aemeijers" wrote
Not a matter of hate, and put away the broad brush. Religion is for people
who can't stand reality. An adult who knowingly chooses that path, well,
they had their chance. But to subject a kid to a biased education free
from significant aspects of modern science, well, that is doing the kid no
favors. Hopefully the kid will be bright enough to pick it up on their
own, or actually read all the books on the state-mandated curriculum many
states now have, in spite of their parental unit saying it is wrong. I
don't hate bible-thumpers- I feel sorry for them.

I did have 12 years of Catholic education, but I never seemed to "get it".
I take a bit of a different approach. I don't like organized religion.
Great fund raiser, but not much else.

I'm rather open minded on other matters. Is there a Supreme Being?
Possible, no one has proven either way. Ever have an Ant Farm when you were
a kid? Is life on earth (including humans) nothing more than the ant farm
of some higher power? Has that higher power visited us in the form of some
alien? Is there life on another planet? Given the size and complexity of
the universe, it is impossible to rule that out. That life could be far
different than what we know or can comprehend, superior intelligence
perhaps. Or not.

Are you dead when you die? I've seen some unexplained things that keep my
mind open to other possibilities. I don't know what all they may be, but so
far they have not asked me for donations in a weekly collection.