Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Religion

On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 10:23:38 -0400, "h" wrote:

"aemeijers" wrote in message news:-
(Side note- one of the many reasons I am not a big fan of home-schooling.
Although few parents in general are qualified to teach their kids past
second grade or so, the home-school population skews pretty heavily toward
the highly religious crowd. I have trouble believing those kids are
getting anything resembling a complete science education.)

Oh yeah. It used to be (NY) that you had to have at least one masters to
home-school your kids. Now you don't even have to be a High School grad!
They published a home-school survey of our county last year, and 95% of the
families said they were fundamentalist Xtians, and had more than 3 (!) kids
being "schooled" at home. So...uneducated, delusional morons raising a whole
batch of uneducated, delusional morons. Fantastic.

And yet the kids of these "uneducated, delusional morons" consistently learn
more than the kids taught by the over-educated morons in public schools.