Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop Wall and Electric

Morgans wrote:
"Bill" wrote

There is only one duplex outlet(GFCI)on the 20 Amp circuit besides
the garbage disposal. It wouldn't be a big deal to switch out the
breaker for one rated at 15 Amps if necessary.

I would do that anyway. The GFCI is probably only rated at 15 amps,
and so probably the disposal. You don't need a 20 amp, and will
better protect the wire and the disposal.

That's false logic to a point. Sure, putting a smaller breaker on any piece
of wire will protect it more than the rated breaker would, but why would
anyone do that? That's like saying that since I only plug floor lamps into
these outlets, and cell phone chargers into these outs, I'll install 5 Amp
breakers on those circuits. Sorta limits the use of those outlets.

--

-Mike-