Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn Joseph Gwinn is offline

Default Clausing 1500 lathe vari-drive question

In article ,
Gunner Asch wrote:

On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 03:41:00 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 05:05:25 -0400, Wes
wrote:

9505K23

I just went out and measured the groove....1.360 diameter
Piston is 1.114 diameter.

Width is about .125ish (nothing small enough to get in there (making
note to find a small mic for this sort of thing)

This works out in metric to be about 34.6 mm for the groove and 28.32
mm for the piston

I dont know how to spec seals.

Can you tell me how to calculate fits for seals?

No idea of what the working pressure is. Probably a few hundred pounds
max.

Clausing's prices on seals are not that bad, so I'd check prices before
reengineering.

Joe Gwinn