Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default OT Religion

On Aug 28, 4:41*am, aemeijers wrote:
h wrote:
"Dean Hoffman" wrote in message
h wrote:

Umm, well, yeah, it's IMPOSSIBLE to respect religion and/or those who
"believe". Or to even take them seriously as adults. If you believe in
doG, you're a moron. I can't fix that. No one can fix stupid. Never said
I was a "great" thinker. Just a "thinker", as in, "my brain works".
Properly. Belief in doG is proof of no thought process whatsoever. Sorry.
It is what it is. Epic fail. doG...there was always one moron
"doG-believer" in every philosophy class I had to take for my first
masters degree. Every single one of them washed out. Dumb. Incapable of
rational thought. Annoying. Slowed down the whole class. Gone. Duh.
Respect doG believers? You MUST be kidding.
* * Well, let's see. * There is a list here
*http://www.adherents.com/people/100_scientists.html* * *or
*http://tinyurl.com/y3hmzb* * of scientists.
* Some have their religious affiliation listed. * Way at the bottom is a
list of scientists who are/were also Christians.

Duh. Morons all. PLONK!

Nah, just human. Can't remember the shrink name for it. 'Cognitive
dissonance' or something like that? *I've know several bible thumpers
over the years- very nice people for the most part, a few brilliant in
their career fields, but as soon as the subject turned to religion, all
the other compartments of the brain shut down, and they started spouting
the nonsense pounded into their unformed brain as a kid. I had a real
hard time once not breaking out laughing at a guy a worked with, when it
became clear he truly believed the crap about the earth only being 6400?
(or was it 4600?) years old. On normal subjects, including the stuff we
had to work on together, he was quite common-sense and practical. *I
quit talking with coworkers about religion after that.

(Side note- one of the many reasons I am not a big fan of
home-schooling. Although few parents in general are qualified to teach
their kids past second grade or so, the home-school population skews
pretty heavily toward the highly religious crowd. I have trouble
believing those kids are getting anything resembling a complete science
education.)

--
aem sends...- Hide quoted text -

You might find this interesting.