Posted to rec.woodworking
woodstuff[_2_] woodstuff[_2_] is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Mike Marlow" wrote

Cannot understand why you would say that. Odds are it is 12 ga.

Why? Code only calls for 15 amp, 14 ga. in bedrooms.

If someone used 12, they were just being over-zealous.
--
Jim in NC

I never use #14 on house wiring, so I am over-zealous. My reason is that it
seems that down the road people change wiring and put larger loads on some
things without caring about what happens. Some wannabee jackleg or some
homeowner will go into the attic and see a hot wire and say, "ah! this one
is hot and good, I'll just use it". I have seen lampcords spliced and taped
to romex and crap like that. Not new to anyone here I am sure. Or maybe I
just don't like #14 because it is so flimsy feeling. I do know that some
electricians don't use #14 also. Technically, I am wrong.