Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Take apart - put together syndrome

On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 08:10:10 -0700, Winston
wrote:

On 8/27/2010 4:20 AM, Snag wrote:

And that's exactly where I am right now with the wife's car . Still don't
know what the problem was , and I'm just waiting for the "other shoe to
drop" . So far it's not given any more problems , but ...
Sometimes I miss the days of points and carbs . At least they were easier
to diagnose and repair . What really sucked about this one was that the
scanner wouldn't link up , making any diagnosis a shot in the dark .

* Is your Malfunction Indicator Light working?

* Can you tap out the appropriate code on the accelerator to get a
code readout on the MIL? (For example, see page EC-708:
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Sentra/2004_Sentra/ec.pdf

* Does your OBD II reader work on a different vehicle?

* Does your OBD II reader display indicate that it is
getting power? (Open fuse to the OBD data link connector?)

* Do you have a copy of the shop manual for the car?

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On-board_diagnostics

--Winston

I've had the same situation - but not a Nissan - answers:
q1-yes.Q2-What?(not nissan - no way to get codes without reader)
Q3 yes
Q4 yes
Q5 yes

My rather limited (pcode only) reader would connect up no problem -
but the higher end scanner to read ABS and other "chassis" codes
wouldn't connect for love or money.