Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Joel Koltner[_2_] Joel Koltner[_2_] is offline

Default Coach fired for writing country-western song...

"Jeff Johnson" wrote in message
"Joel Koltner" wrote in message
Agreed, that's why they probably got him on some technicality such as
unauthorized use of the school's equipment.

So that makes it ok? Does that deserve a firing or a repremand? Would a
liberal have gotten the same treatment?

No, it doesn't make it OK (assuming it was somewhat motivated by his writing
the song -- and I can believe it could have been). But as a practical matter,
if your employer doesn't want you around -- even if it's for a completely
ridiculous reason -- sooner or later they'll find a legally defensible reason
to fire you. And you also have to consider -- even if you can somehow force
an employer to keep you around, do you really want to work for people you know
don't really want you there?

I'm making a bunch of wild assumptions here, but I'd be willing to bet that
even if you were a lawyer looking to take on a bias case, this guy's
particular situation wouldn't be partiuclarly attractive. He used
"privileged" information (the e-mail lists of the parents) for
non-work-related activities (strike one), I'm guessing he used the school's
equipment to send those e-mails (strike two), etc. -- once it all comes out in
court it'll get messy fast.

I hope some private school that's run by somewhat more conservative folks
offers him a job -- it'd be best for everyone.

The fact of the matter is that the liberal principle didn't like it and
fired him... and liberals are suppose to be soooo tolerant of other peoples
views. After all, just look how hard they try to understand muslims.

Plenty of folks from all sides of the political spectrum are hypocrites. :-)

But you can't judge any group -- liberals, conservatives, or Muslims -- from
the actions of a few of their members. This is particularly true of groups
where the official stance is to try to accomodate as many as possible...
there's a fascinating discussion of this he
http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/th...an-be-too-big/

---Joel