Posted to alt.home.repair
keith keith is offline

Default Do It Yourself -- Not

On Aug 26, 2:22*pm, Cindy Hamilton
wrote:
On Aug 26, 2:42*pm, keith wrote:

... excessive snippage, probably ...

The problem is that the efficiency is proportional to the temperature
rise, so the air exits at *maybe* 80F, which means a lot of air has to
be moved. *It's *quite* drafty. *Hydronic baseboards, OTOH, operate at
180-190F, so feel warmer without the drafts.

Actually, the drafts are a plus in my house. *Say we have cabbage for
dinner. *With hydronic heat, I'd have to sit in my husband's
"contrail"
all evening. *With forced air, I have some hope that it'll dissipate.

....or spread.

All joking aside, I've been wondering for quite a while if the air
in a radiant-heat house gets stagnant. *Since it's comparatively
rare here in Michigan, I've no one local to ask.

Yes, houses can be sealed too tightly. "Contrails" aren't the worst
possible problem. At least there is warning of the danger. ;-)