Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_3_] Snag[_3_] is offline

Default Take apart - put together syndrome

Erik wrote:
In article ,
"Buerste" wrote:

Something doesn't work so you take it apart and troubleshoot all the
components. You can't find anything wrong so you put it back
together and...IT WORKS PERFECT!

I too have experienced this numerous times... always makes me nervous.

Along the same lines is when someone asks me to 'take a look at
something', then together we can't make the damned thing act up to
save our asses. They're always embarrassed: often going on about the
'magic touch' and all that jazz...

I know they wouldn't be there had they not experienced something
alarming, and suspect they'll fear further embarrassment returning
if/when/should said symptoms return. I always try to explain to them
that this isn't a new phenomena, and that I certainly possess no
mechanical/electrical/electronic 'supernatural powers', and please not
to hesitate contacting if said issues continue.

I hate both these situations... I'd MUCH rather deal with something
concrete than be left in the 'twilight zone'

Erik

And that's exactly where I am right now with the wife's car . Still don't
know what the problem was , and I'm just waiting for the "other shoe to
drop" . So far it's not given any more problems , but ...
Sometimes I miss the days of points and carbs . At least they were easier
to diagnose and repair . What really sucked about this one was that the
scanner wouldn't link up , making any diagnosis a shot in the dark .
--
Snag
Wannabe Machinist