Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cottage Sign

So... *a few questions that I can think of: can you biscuit join
Cedar? *How thick would you need? *How would you finish it? (how would
you paint it?)

Thanks,

John

I'm not sure a pin router is the best bet for a sign, if you mean
routed letters into the wood, as opposed to making individual letters
that would latter be glued or attached to a sign. With pin routers you
attach a blank to a pattern and rout the blank to the shape of the
pattern. It is not a panagraph type stereo tracing thing.

Regardless, yes you can biscuit Cedar but not sure it would be needed,
depending on the case. I assume a cottage sign is an exterior
application so use epoxy with good clamping until dry and you'll have
no problem. Biscuits can help alignemnt of needed. Paint as you would
any exterior house wood but cedar don't need it. Maybe a penetrating
oil stain.