Posted to alt.home.repair
keith keith is offline

Default Do It Yourself -- Not

On Aug 26, 8:50*am, Cindy Hamilton
wrote:
On Aug 25, 8:54*pm, "

wrote:
On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 14:06:40 -0700, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 09:50:01 -0700 (PDT), zzyzzx
wrote:

You never see kids messing with cars anymore.

A lot of them don't drive until 18 or older now as well.

My son didn't drive until he was 18; no interest. *I had to get him off is
butt when my wife got sick and couldn't drive for six months. *Taking her both
to and from work got to be a big problem with my work schedule.

That's just crazy! *When I was a lass, getting your driver's license
at 16 was a much-anticipated rite of passage. *We didn't even
have a car, and I lined right up to get mine.

Yeah, I got my license about a month after I turned 16. No point in
getting the license before my parents would let me take the car out
alone. ;-) I was one of the only males in my high school that year
to pass on the first try (the examiner liked the fact that I took the
test with a stick .

Kids nowadays. *What're'ya gonna do?

Grow 'em up and move 'em out. He's now 31 and married. ;-)