Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default Do It Yourself -- Not

On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 00:25:34 -0700, harry wrote:
15A
120V:http://www.levitonproducts.com/catal...decora-duplex-

receptac...

20A 120V
plug:http://www.levitonproducts.com/catalog/model_1433.htm?

sid=ADE2F23EFFB...

20A 120V
outlet:http://www.levitonproducts.com/catal...n_narrow-body-

duplex-rec...

15A
240V:http://www.levitonproducts.com/catalog/model_5028.htm?

sid=ADE2F23EFFB...

20A
240V:http://www.levitonproducts.com/catalog/model_5821.htm?

sid=ADE2F23EFFB...

What a waste. We have one plug here does all of this, cheaper and
safer.

Hmm, I don't recall ever seeing anything above a 13A fuse in a UK plug,
suggesting that for anything more than that, there's a different style of
plug to use. I certainly recall running big Sun servers off something a
lot more substantial than that.

Pros and cons with plugs on both side of the Pond, really. The UK ones
are bulky (I like US wall-warts where the pins can just fold away easily
when not in use) but at least are fused, and the pins are strong. I've
seen plenty of US houses where the outlets are getting a little tired and
things are plugged into them with the pins partially exposed, which is
never a good thing.

cheers

Jules