Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Take apart - put together syndrome

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 13:37:06 -0700
Winston wrote:

If repairing for someone else, please remember to ask
The Magic Question:
"What happened just before this symptom appeared?"

snip

What I most often heard was, "I don't know, I was told to drop this off
here because it doesn't work".

Another good one was the trash haulers. Didn't matter which one really,
they were all similar in the way they operated. They would call in for
service around 4:00 pm (I worked on two-way radios). The symptom would
be a dead radio and the truck was in the yard. So you get your
stuff together and zip over there, hoping to get the job done before
5:00 pm, quitting time. Pull in the yard, drive around looking for
truck number 508, can't find it. So you go over to dispatch and ask
them where it is. They in turn say, "oh, truck 508 is almost back, let
me call him on the radio and see how long he'll be." Dead radio
indeed...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b