Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_3_] Snag[_3_] is offline

Default Take apart - put together syndrome

whit3rd wrote:
On Aug 25, 3:15 pm, "Snag" wrote:

I just went thru a whole damned to hell and beyond day doing just
that with my wife's car . Never did find anything wrong , but after
unplug-plugging a buncha connectors it runs again . Damn thing has a
PCM that controls *everything* . Died on her this am on her way to
work , and I'm sure glad it was close enough for her to walk home !

Does your wife have a heavy or bulky keychain? Ignition switches have
been known to be loose enough to turn off when the pendulum of other
keys swings in the wrong direction.

Nope , and in this case that wouldn't cause the problem . The keyed part is
a separate unit , only contact with the contactor part is a small protrusion
that turns it . I'm leaning towards it was an oxidized contact or three .
It starts this morning ...

--
Snag
Wannabe Machinist