Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote:
Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote:

Thanks, I'll be double-checking because, according to the
directions, I forgot to put in a (romex cable) connector.

How does one "forget" to install a box connector?

In my case, one didn't come in the carton and the previously unit
didn't have one? It didn't show up in the online videos I watched
either. I'll make it right... I may have to stretch the wire (joke)
or put in a junction box.

Were the online videos showing a plastic box? That would explain why there
was no box connector - none required. If they showed a metal box with no
box connector then those videos are absolutely useless. What about you
book - it surely must have told you to use a box connector with a metal
box - again - if that's what you have at hand.

Remember, we were talking about a garbage disposal. I carefully wired up
the new one like the old one, not thinking that it might be wrong.
Then I realized it might not be right, looked at the directions, and
here we are... I'll try to get to it this weekend. Our garbage disposal
is not even used once per day, it should be okay until then.

Bill