Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop Wall and Electric

Bill wrote:
Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote:

Thanks, I'll be double-checking because, according to the
directions, I forgot to put in a (romex cable) connector.

How does one "forget" to install a box connector?

In my case, one didn't come in the carton and the previously unit
didn't have one? It didn't show up in the online videos I watched
either. I'll make it right... I may have to stretch the wire (joke)
or put in a junction box.

Were the online videos showing a plastic box? That would explain why there
was no box connector - none required. If they showed a metal box with no
box connector then those videos are absolutely useless. What about you
book - it surely must have told you to use a box connector with a metal
box - again - if that's what you have at hand.

--

-Mike-