Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_3_] Snag[_3_] is offline

Default Take apart - put together syndrome

Buerste wrote:
Something doesn't work so you take it apart and troubleshoot all the
components. You can't find anything wrong so you put it back together
and...IT WORKS PERFECT! It has happened to me for forever but what's
going on? My latest is the icemaker in the kitchen refrigerator. I
spent hours and hours finding documents and troubleshooting. No, it
wasn't frozen-up, (the most common fault it seems) the motor worked,
the thermostat checked out, the heater passed muster. The water
valve is OK and all cleaned out. (I've replaced plenty of those in
different units over the years). Of course, I find nothing else that
could cause it to crap out so put it all back together and...it works
just fine. Go figure. I've had hundreds if not thousands of this
kind of thing, I'll bet everybody else does too!

I just went thru a whole damned to hell and beyond day doing just that with
my wife's car . Never did find anything wrong , but after unplug-plugging a
buncha connectors it runs again . Damn thing has a PCM that controls
*everything* . Died on her this am on her way to work , and I'm sure glad
it was close enough for her to walk home !
Still don't know why it died , but it runs now so ...
--
Snag
Wannabe Machinist