Posted to alt.home.repair
SF Man SF Man is offline

Default How do you "tune up" a hard-to-start Craftsman 18" chainsaw

On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 12:57:45 -0700, SF Man wrote:
Do you know where to find the tune-up procedure for the Sears Craftsman
358.351.800 18 inch chain saw?

I found a good video for tuning the Poulan Craftsman chain saw carburator:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Lw0pJcEPYo

I ordered the splined carburator adjustment tool so that I can adjust the
non-adjustable California 'pins' for the Low and High settings.
http://www.hyperparts.com/wc.dll?ctw...1003~530035560

It's important to note that we need 92 psi in order for a 2-stroke engine
to run according to the dealer I spoke with today so I'll also check the
compression (I need to change the fitting on my compression tester which
was for 70's model car spark plugs with a different thread than this chain
saw).

Anything else you suggest?