Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop Wall and Electric

Bill wrote:

Another chance to use my "trusty" Harbor Freight Centrum digital
caliper:
The white romex under my sink is about .37" wide (including the
insulation). My new yellow 12-2 romex is about .425"

Don't use your trusty caliper. Read the cable. The insulation used on
cable has changed a lot over the years and measuring it is of no value at
all.

I don't have any 14-2 romex to compare it to and can't seem to locate
any print on the white romex I can read under the sink (even with a
flashlight). How wide is 14-2 typically (I couldn't find anything on
the web)? My limited experience and intuition is telling me I have
14-2 under my sink, but I hope it's not.

Keep looking. It will be embossed on the sheath, all along its length.

--

-Mike-