Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default New American Standard Champion4 toilet question

On Aug 24, 7:39*pm, wrote:
On Aug 24, 7:25*pm, Frank wrote:

On 8/24/2010 6:45 PM, wrote:

Yesterday my neighbor, who has a home improvement business, installed
this toilet for me. *I do like it but how can we stop the valve from
constantly turning off and on?? *About every 15 seconds or so the
valve with seep a tablespoon or two of water. *We've checked the depth
of the refill tube and it's and inch below the overflow pipe as
directed.

He took the top of the fill valve off and quickly flushed it with
water from the new supply line thinking there might be some sort of
grit in there. *This was done twice but it still continues to turn off
and one. *What else could be the problem?? *The fill valve is aligned
correctly according the instructions and the pictures in the
installation book. *Does anyone have any suggestions to remedy this
annoying problem??

http://www.americanstandard-us.com/customerservice/

(Sigh) I have a laptop, how do you think I'm making this post? *I have
the instructions which has the toll-free number. *I was _hoping_
someone here could perhaps offer a suggestion on how to solve this
problem other than directing me to their website.

Buy a new toilet?