Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default DeWalt Tools

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 01:07:22 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Trying to csk some hardwood yesterday - the PowerCraft 14.4 was almost
stalling and nowt much happening; the 12V Makita drill/driver, with
the same bit, was almost over-enthusiastic. Most satisfying.

I've always found the Makita drivers punch well above their weight. I've
got a 7.2v driver & a 7.2v impact driver - both of which obviously think
they are 12v :-)

and the 12V is emulating its big brother!
Found out that 5mmx40mm st. st. Turbo screws are a bit small for the 12V
impact driver - great care needed to get it just right and I now have 2
screwless heads!
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away