Posted to alt.home.repair
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default Wikileaks

"HeyBub" wrote in message

We NEED a war every ten to fifteen years to keep the tip of the spear
sharp.

Those that died were, to the man or woman, volunteers. They signed up
knowing the risk of death or serious injury, much like a mountain climber,
sky diver, race car driver, or Ralph, the guy who married my ex-wife. They
assumed these risks for the opportunity to kill people and blow things up
(Ralph, are you listening?).

It is, of course, regrettable that they died, but they died doing
something they loved. Fully 85% of those who have served in Iraq or
Afghanistan re-enlisted at the first opportunity. (The remaining 15%
retired, were invalided out, or married harridans.)

These folks are our warrior class. Waging war is what they were born to
do, what they trained to do, what they NEED to do. They do it for their
country's sake, for their family's sake, for honor's sake, for glory's
sake.

This is something the cowards that dwell among us cannot understand and
will not accept.

What a repugnant interpretation. So the lives of thousands of young
Americans can be thrown away for what was at best a mistake, at worst a
calculated lie. And you figure that's okay because the bravery of those who
died somehow excuses their pointless sacrifice. Presumably the tens of
thousands wounded (physically and mentally) and the enormous damage to the
military, the national economy, and national prestige around the world would
also be dismissed as insignificant. Needless to say those who dismiss such
a waste of life are safe at home, in no danger of being sent overseas
themselves. What's that phrase? Ah yes, "chicken hawk"--someone who is
never dismayed by the spilling of other people's blood during the sharpening
of that spear....