Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default New business opportunity

Don Foreman wrote:

We're being baited by a troll, Richard.

I know, Don, but not any more.
Filters work wonders for my peace of mind...

I'll bet his mother is very disappointed with him.

This is the guy who has
expressed scorn for religions and the religious. He has referred to
Deities of any religion as "skydaddies". He trolls anonymously for
angry internet attention, the only kind of attention he can get.

I think the issue with the Muslim mosque isn't so much one of
Americans exhibiting religeous intolerance as it is of our resenting
an overt gesture of contempt. I strongly doubt that ground zero is the
center of muslim population in NYC, so why that choice for a mosque?
Why not built it closer to Mecca in Brooklyn or Queens, or closer to
where more NYC muslims actually reside?

You may have a strong point there about the center of muslim culture in NY.

But build it in Brooklyn? or Queens???
I s'pect that would really start a fight.

And it doesn't really matter where it's built.
It WILL be tainted before it's finished.

Hey, it's New York, damit.
They eat pork chops there and gotta have some place to toss the bones.

Who among New York's finest is going to write a littering citation on that?
Some of their guys died that day.
The survivors remember.

So does the rest of America.

It's an overtly contemptuous gesture like a raised middle finger, like
spitting on American graves, ****ing on their tombstones and defying
us to object. The twin towers were blown up and thousands of peaceful
Americans killed in the name of jihad and Islam, and now they'd build
a mosque on the site of that atrocity to symbolically mark and claim
the spoils. That is not merely a group of faithful muslims seeking a
place to peacefully worship in a land of religious freedom.

Wayne apparently thinks that's a swell idea -- or at least isn't above
trolling with it.

--

Richard Lamb